Friday, August 12, 2011

My 1st time

I spent most of the evening on Wednesday, getting ready for my first consignment sale. 
 


Now don't get me wrong,  I have been a shopping pro at these sales for a couple of years now.  My focus has always been boys clothing, toys and books.  I will be looking at this sale from a whole different angle.  I have consigned 34 items.  That is after pulling several items to ebay instead.  This is the first time that I can legitimately purchase girls toys.  I cannot wait!

The first thing that I learned, is that it takes me WAY longer to tag and price than I thought.  (this is a common ailment that follows me though almost any project that I attempt) 

I was so concerned about where the tag was placed.  Was it on secure enough?  Too secure?  Was I following the rules of the sale?  Goodness!  I know that as time goes on, I will have a more streamlined system. 

On my wish list?  A tagging gun.

The dresser in my room was tagging central.  I had my tagging essentials.  Baby wipes, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, safety pins, zip ties, clear packing tape, scissors, zip lock baggies, hangers. All the markers a girl could want.  Did y'all know that I LOVE supplies?  Any kind of supplies at that.  Oh, I'll save that for another day.



The boys had a blast running in and out of my room while I was working.  I heard a lot of, "Can I have this, or are you going to sell it?"  They have had an excellent attitude towards this new venture so far.


I must say that I had a wonderful time preparing for the big sale.  It was nice to work at home, be in-control of my environment and start to make a plan.  Gathering enough inventory to get started is fun, but seeing the earning potential was great.  Cross your fingers for a great sale!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...